Saturday, 3 February 2007

Door-to-door

Hi, it´s Richard using Paul´s login since I´ve already forgotten mine.

27 hours from Surrey to our not-so-posh hotel in downtown Buenos Aires (B A). Almost all of which involved sitting and not sleeping. I can´t sleep unless I´m tucked up, horizontal under a comfy duvet. Since we´re in Coach, not First, I only got a few dozy zeds. Still, at least you get decent legroom in American Airlines.

So, we finally land in B A over a day after leaving. It´s hot, 35 degree C and 50% humidity hot! Í´m wearing jeans, tee shirt and sweater. Great. Air-conditioning in the taxi meant winding the window down. To turn it up, drive faster and swerve about all over the road. I wouldn´t want to be driving a motorbike in Buenos Aires.

So, off to the hotel, shower, change and try to remember how to use my legs. One foot, then the other, ... Bits of this town are scruffy and not unlike downtown New York (must be the grid layout). Then there are posher old colonial style bits which are more what I imagined. Not bad, so far. I´ll save the food comments for another day.

Toodle pip.

1 comment:

Al said...

Buenos dias!
Como les va?
To make you feel better, here in London, we've just woken up in the middle of a 3°C cloud!
From foggy Ealing
Sine & Al